Friday 11 October 2013

The best laid plans...

We were looking for an end of October visit to Breakspear, the first of many hopefully. But more importantly the beginning of my journey to getting better. But with so much going on here of late, especially with sorting out fundraising things and me having more viruses (waves at cold bugs). We have decided it'll be best to do as many tests from home, before heading to Hemel Hempstead, probably in February. We would go sooner, but I'm waiting for a half term so that everyone is available to help me get down there :) (I travel with a lot of baggage ;P)
So far, I've had several tests done at home which have been sent off. So we are just awaiting the results of those. We are also hoping to get as many blood tests, which Breakspear have recommended, done at home. Basically to avoid getting so ill from travelling, and to limit the days spent in hospital. We're keeping our fingers crossed that getting private home blood tests won't be as difficult as it sounds. Finally seeing what is actually going on with me is an exciting prospect.

I've been feeling pretty rough this week, so the warmth and kindness shown to me through emily's recovery fund has been incredible. Such a great response has really blown me away, so many lovely messages, and really generous donations. Thankyou to everyone. 

Goodbye for now lovely bugs and speak soon,
Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment