Sunday 22 December 2013

Ups and Downs and a whole lot going on

Hi all,

It's been way too long since I last posted on here. Since then we've had a really successful table top sale and I have spent the last month or so glued to my computer. It hasn't been the most healthy of choices, especially whilst recovering from viruses. But I've been writing to hundreds of companies telling them about Emily's recovery Fund and asking if they wouldn't mind donating items. Incredibly loads of them were really really generous and donated lots of really great things. Which we then put up on fb and Ebay auctioning them all for the recovery fund. Hosting our online auctions has been an incredibly rewarding project that has meant we have now raised an incredible £2300 towards my treatment costs :D and it was really fun to do something like I used to when I worked and achieve something, and not limit myself constantly. To be productive and feel useful and like my brain actually works was a pretty awesome feeling to get back, even if M.E wasn't a fan of me doing so much with bad back spasms and forgetting names,words and what year it was from brain overworking :P


In other news I'd been really looking forward to getting all my results back from Breakspear and when they all arrived they showed quite a bit was wrong in several areas especially immune responses as well as mitochondria problems causing exhaustion,  and lots of food allergies aswell as possibly Rheumatoid athritis. But most of the results were really confusing without an explanation. So we'd booked a telephone consultation which we'd been told would result in me getting my treatment plan and all my meds posted to me, and each result explained. I couldn't wait to get started and begin feeling a little stronger, especially with December Kettering Hospital appointments. But unfortunately it turned out reception at Breakspear had got the wrong end of the stick and assumed I'd already been seen in person. The phone call therefore was more a confirmation that I need to be seen in Hemel for a full consultation in order to be prescribed medicine and be given medical advice, despite them having my test results. This is was so disheartening and frustrating after waiting so long, but it makes sense that a dr wouldnt prescribe and advise you without fulling knowing your case and who you are first. It was just that we thought I could improve at home with meds, before having to face the harrowing journey to Hemel.

It was a genuine mixup though, so we have booked for January for me to travel down for a face to face consultation and then will receive the information and begin my treatment at last. It might only be a few weeks or a months wait, but having waited and been poorly for such a long time progress can't come quickly enough. It seems over the last few years that being patient is the only way to be and just not to stress about it. Because with everything health wise there is unfortunately constant set backs and changes of plans and bumps in the road but you just have to take those in order to get to where you are eventually going.

My room all christmassy
I'm currently recovering from visiting Kettering hospital on Wednesday but shall save all of that for another post, but I am hoping for a restful Christmas this year :)
I also just wanted to wish all of you a Happy Christmas and hope you all have a great 2014, I'm hoping that next year will be bring really great things full of healing and new adventures. That is due in no small part to all of you so thank you millions <3

No comments:

Post a Comment